Fostering diverse conversation, leadership, and coordinated action to ensure a collaborative response to climate change and its impacts on the people, economies, and prosperity of Utah.
What is the Network?
The Utah Climate Action Network is a partnership between government, research institutions, non-profits/foundations, faith-based organizations, the private sector, and individuals working to address climate change in Utah.
The Network supports:
- Cross-sector relationships and connections
- Shared understanding of local climate change issues and solutions
- Collaborative regional climate action and long-term resilience
- Leadership in climate change impact sectors
What is Climate Action?
- Energy efficiency & conservation
- Renewable energy projects
- Active, low-carbon transportation
- Identifying climate vulnerabilities
- Water resource management
- Supporting social, economic & natural systems
Climate Action Framework
- Public Engagement. Develop and deliver a clear and consistent climate message that informs Utah citizens of science-based climate realities, and compels them to engage in individual or group climate solutions.
- Leadership and Policies. Build support for local leaders and decision-makers in the public and private sector to recognize climate risks and take actions to reduce impacts and enhance resiliency.
- Enhanced System-Level Response. Support the inclusion of carbon mitigation and climate adaptation and priorities in existing organizational, partner, and regional efforts. Incorporate sector-based best practices and opportunities to reduce emissions and prepare for climate impacts.